23. Ingredient Details: Advanced Eye Complex
Advanced Eye Complex
This component in the system targets only the cells that are damaged, eliminating overloading normal cells with nutrients. Key ingredients include: Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 – as effective as retinol, but less irritating; small-molecule sodium hyaluronate, holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water. Vitamin C counteracts free radical and sun damage and stimulates collagen production. Vitamin E antioxidant helps maintain moisture and protects lipids and lipoproteins in cell membranes.
Meadow Foam Seed Oil (Limnanthes Alba) EMOLLIENT
- flowers found in Northern California and Oregon.
- most stable of all vegetable oils. Prevents other oils from oxidizing and going rancid.
- oil has ability to extend the shelf life of products it is mixed into.
- absorbs through the skin quickly without feeling “greasy.”
- lays down a protective film that locks in moisture and delivers nutrients to skin.
- powerful antioxidant and anti-aging properties.
Olive Leaf Fruit Oil Extract (Olea Europaea) EMOLLIENT
The olive, known by the botanical name Olea Europaea, meaning “European olive”, is a species of small tree in the family Oleaceae, producing silvery green leaves that are oblong, measuring 4 to 10 centimeters long and 1 to 3 centimeters wide. The primary active compounds in olive leaf extract are oleuropein and hydroxytyrosol, as well as polyphenols and flavonoids, including luteolin, rutin, caffeic acid, catechin and apigenin. Olive polyphenols are more concentrated in the leaves compared with olive fruit or olive oil. Olive leaf extract is used in skin care products because the phenolic compounds found in the olive leaf have strong free radical scavenging capacity. The compounds rutin, luteolin, and catechin exert antioxidant effects almost 2.5 times higher than those of vitamins C and E. Antioxidants help to protect the skin from free radicals, the unstable molecules that contribute to the formation of premature wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. Lastly, the oleuropein and hydroxytyrosol found in olive leaf extract demonstrate anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
Jojoba Seed Oil (Simmondsia Chinesis) EMOLLIENT
- speeds up wound healing / increases wound closure.
- collagen stimulator.
- anti-aging by binding UV induced metallopro-teinase that cause UV ray degradation of collagen.
- moisturizer for improved skin feel.
Silicone (Cyclopentasiloxane) EMOLLIENT
- capacity to remove wrinkles, skin blemishes or stubborn effects of rosacea.
- soothes and softens skin by keeping moisture locked in.
- corrects dryness of skin by preventing water loss.
- lubricant, stretches water layer on skin.
Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate – SAP) VITAMIN
Most forms of vitamin C are water-soluble molecules with low transdermal efficiency. In many cases, only a portion of vitamin C applied will penetrate the skin to reach the dermis and epidermis layer. Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, is itself easily oxidized and will break down in the presence of light and air, rendering it ineffective. SAP is a more efficient chemical for transdermal vitamin C delivery to the deeper layers of the skin. It provides the same benefits of vitamin C, but is more stable to overcome skin delivery problems associated with vitamin C.
BENEFITS OF SAP
SAP is converted to vitamin C by chemicals within the skin, allowing it to penetrate deeper into the skin. It is effective in:
- pigment reduction.
- antioxidant photodamage repair.
- protection from free radical damage.
- synthesis and stabilization of skin collagen and elastin.
- acne treatment.
- skin moisturization.
Glycerin – HUMECTANT
- made from vegetable fat.
- improves skin health and appearance.
- anti-aging by stabilizing collagen.
- natural exfoliant-preventing flaky, dry skin.
- hydrates the stratum corneum and produces a reservoir in the corneum.
- absorbs its weight in water over a period of a few days.
- acts as a moisturizing irrigant for dry skin.
- anti-irritant, protective function of skin against irritation.
Yeast Extract – BOTANICAL
In the laboratory, different yeasts can be “programmed” to create different biproducts beneficial for:
- anti-aging, improves wrinkling, age spots and slack skin.
- collagen production, improving skin firmness.
- skin lightening, removal of dark spots by regulating production of tyrosinase, a key ingredient in melanin production.
Orange Peel Oil (Citrus Dulcis) ESSENTIAL OIL
- usually a phytochemical “d-limonene.”
- antioxidant, anticancer, antifungal, anti-aging, antibacterial.
- aids in increasing the absorption of vitamin C.
- muscle relaxing.
- skin cleaning.
Sodium Hyaluronate – HUMECTANT
Youthful skin retains its turgor, resilience, and flexibility due to its high content of water. As the skin loses moisture due to both internal and external factors, it begins to show signs of aging, such as lines, wrinkles, sagging, and flaking. Since sodium hyaluronate is the key molecule involved with skin moisture, a strong relationship exists between skin aging and the levels of sodium hyaluronate. According to the scholarly journal Dermato-Endocrinology, the most dramatic histochemical change observed in aging skin is the marked disappearance of sodium hyaluronate in the epidermis (the top layer of skin). It is not known why this occurs.
Butylene Glycol – HUMECTANT
- allows skin penetration for other ingredients.
- thins creams making them less “greasy”and more enjoyable to use.
- acts as a solvent so that ingredients mix.
Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 – PEPTIDE
- related to the precursor of collagen.
- as effective against wrinkles as retinol, but does not cause skin irritation, a common side effect of retinoids. This proves important in treating extremely sensitive skin around the eyes.
- repairs sun-damaged skin without adverse side effects.
Contact us here for questions or comments.