21. Ingredient Details: Dual Action Lightening Cream
Dual Action Lightening Cream
This system component balances the complexion. Sun exposure leads to activation of the enzyme tyrosinase and an increase melanin production, determining pigmentation. This formula naturally lightens skin and “age spots” using vitamin C and lactic acid to suppress tyrosinase, regulating
melanin. Lactic acid also helps skin to renew and maintain moisture balance. Vitamin C protects against free radical and sun damage from UVA and UVB rays and stimulates collagen.
Fermented Sugar (Sodium Lactate) SKIN CONDITIONER
- a natural constituent of the stratum corneum.
- a preservative enhancer.
- a buffering agent that reduces the acidity of the product. Balancing the pH of the product is important in order to match the skin’s neutral pH. If the product is acidic, it can irritate the skin. If the product is basic, it can deplete the skin of essential lipids, making the skin more susceptible to acne.
- humectant moisturizer – sodium lactate is an incredible water-loving molecule. It has been
- reported to increase the moisture of the skin by as much as 84%.
- bacteriostatic (stops bacteria from reproducing.)
- increases the preservative properties of the whitening cream.
Fractionalized Coconut Oil and Glycerin (Capylic/Capric Triglyceride Emollient) SKIN CONDITIONING AGENT
Fractionalization is melting of coconut oil and allowing it to cool slowly, separating the different oils based on their specific melting points.
Capylic/Capric acids are saturated, medium-chained triglycerides found within the coconut oil. This ingredient next goes through a process called “saponification,” followed by “esterification” to form a “less-greasy”, more stable saturated fat. This ingredient is used because it is:
- rapidly absorbed into the skin.
- non-greasy barrier of lubrication.
- antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory.
Glycerin – HUMECTANT
- stabilizes collagen and accelerates healing process.
- a natural exfoliant—keratolytic effect, helping with desquamation of the skin’s natural exfoliat-ing process that breaks down cells, preventing dull, flaky skin. This in turn improves the skin’s appearance.
- moisturizing, softens and lubricates the skin.
- anti-irritant, influences protective skin function.
- hydrating, absorbs its own weight in water over a period of a few days. This creates a reservoir of moisture in the stratum corneum.
- fights the effects of topical skin conditions such as psoriasis.
Contact us here for questions or comments.